Electricity bills are continually fluctuating, whether due to the season, weather patterns, or...
Remarkable Renovations: How to Turn Your Bathroom into a Spa
Are you guilty of perusing home listings or watching HGTV and sighing over the perfect bathroom retreats? Are you looking for a place to relax at the end of the day and let go of your stress? Well, there's good news. You can create a private spa getaway in your own DC neighborhood home.
No matter what size bathroom you’re working with, there are excellent options for making it more luxurious.
What Is Involved in a Bathroom Transformation?
Like any home renovation process, it’s essential to fine-tune your vision and figure out what works, what doesn’t, and what your budget is.
A great place to start is to figure out what features appeal the most. Do you want a jacuzzi tub, sauna, radiant floor, or smart lighting? Are you looking for a total bathroom overhaul, or just updating certain aspects of your bathroom?
What about the cost? How much do you want to spend, and where will you be spending the money? It can help to use a renovation project budget spreadsheet or template. That way, you have the full scope of work and costs.
“Spa” Bathroom Upgrade Ideas
The possibilities are endless: From new paint to updated cabinets and fixtures, you can transform the look of your bathroom easily. However, creating a spa takes some deeper thought.
Think about the little luxuries you experience when at the spa. Some great ideas include:
- Jacuzzi tub – Slide into warm water that massages and eases the daily stressors. Jacuzzi tubs come in a wide variety of colors, sizes, and shapes.
- Sauna – Imagine your own sauna. The soothing smell of wood, and the dry heat that offers benefits like flushing toxins, improving cardiovascular performance, and help to recover from workouts.
- Towel warmer – Washington DC neighborhoods experience frigid winters. A towel warmer is a small perk that offers a simple daily comfort (and extra warmth!).
- Smart lighting – Incorporate smart technology into your bathroom with smart lighting. By adding this feature, you can create helpful lighting routines that can give a spa-like atmosphere and can maximize your energy savings.
- Underwater LED lamps – Match spa lighting even further with underwater LED bulbs. Your bath can become a soothing mood-lighting paradise with underwater lights.
Why Do You Need an Electrician?
Many spa features require electrical work. For example, a sauna will likely need a dedicated circuit. A towel warmer will need an electrical source.
Whatever the electrical requirement, it’s best to work with professionals. Experts provide guidance and will put safety first in a room where water is often present.
If you’re ready to transform your bathroom into a luxury spa, start by identifying your ideal spa features and budget. Not only will you boost the value of your home, but you’ll have an incredible in-house retreat that helps soothe the stressful effects of the daily grind.